Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Baby Myths

Everyone says that when a new born infant smiles, it's just gas. Well, I beg to differ. I think it's just a myth and when they feel good and are happy, they smile. At least thats what I will choose to believe. This is proof: Everytime we are in Leighton's room when she starts waking up, she smiles. When we start talking to her, she smiles! This picture is just a little one, I didn't catch the full blown, dimple showing smile. But a smile it is!

Another myth: My mom has always said that a baby with their arms up by their face is the sign of a healthy baby. I wonder how many times her mother said the same thing and how often my children will hear the same phrase! I will choose to believe this myth. Another myth I've heard my mother say relates to the intelligent bump. This is the area of the skull at the base of the back of the head. The larger the bump, the smarter the infant. I will choose to believe this one as well. All our children have had quite prominent "intelligence" bumps!

2 comments:

  1. Really, it's just gas and a big head. (Although in the case of my grandkids I believe otherwise)
    She's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll believe you Rach! She is so cute!

    ReplyDelete