Friday, June 22, 2012

Ring of Fire

 May 20th there was a total eclipse - well maybe not total - but it did leave a pretty remarkable ring of fire!  We went out to Bryce Canyon, picked up our solar glasses, then drove up John's Valley to watch this once in a lifetime event!  We started out with a picnic and playing Mother May I.  I was Mother of course!

 The totally awesome (give me a break - I grew up in the 80's OK?!?) gals watching the event unfold.

 The totally incredible Garrett.  Too cool to relax with the girls.

 The most incredible 2 year old around these parts!




 The above pics are with my camera at the total eclipse.  That's the result from a point and shoot - which is about all the technicality that this girl can handle.  However, a friend in town who is much more talented with a camera shot these from her home:




  And last but not least - the last photo - which is mine.  I thought it was kind of interesting how I couldn't capture the eclipse really, but that the little white speck in the dark is the image of the eclipse.  Somehow I caught it after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment