Tuesday, February 12, 2013

My Favorite Holiday!

Addison started out the holiday by camouflaging a turkey to hide from being made into Thanksgiving dinner.  Her solution?  A hula dancing queen!  She cut actual leaves from one of our plants and used those as her skirt.  

I don't have too many pics of Thanksgiving dinner itself, and borrowed this one from brother John.  But it was great!  Over the course of a 2 day holiday I was able to see each of my siblings and visit with most of my nephews and nieces and their children!  So nice having a get together like this!  I am so impressed with all these little people and love their moms and dads!  They are raising incredible families!

James, Addison and Adalee getting together around the piano.

Leighton lining up everyone's shoes.

Perhaps the highlight of the holiday was a trip/weenie roast out at the Sands.  Thanks to John's excellent navigation skills we were able to pick a second location after original location was lost/forgotten/disappeared.  So fun to feel soft red dirt under my feet - brought back so many memories!








I love this family!  Wow!  I definitely count them among my most incredible blessings and love any and every chance to be with them!  Thanksgiving was truly a time for giving thanks for them and for their influence in my life!

1 comment:

  1. The child your mother has known the longest picked a pretty good spot after all, didn't he? It was a good time and great holiday.

    ReplyDelete