Friday, April 24, 2015

Happy 20th Across the Miles!

March 23, 2015

Earlier in the year I thought about McKenna's upcoming birthday.  As it was her only one in the field, I wanted to do something memorable.  She said she didn't want anything, just put money in her account so she could do some shopping when she came home.  I couldn't stand the thought of her not having something for her birthday.  As I was laying in bed one night the thought came to me to have those who mattered to her write her some notes. I asked her who had influenced her in her life her in town.  Then I asked them 3 questions to make the writing easier to start.  The three questions were - 1.  What is your favorite quote, 2.  What is your favorite scripture story and why, and 3.  What is a Christlike attribute you love.  Then I collected the answers and took a couple of pictures.  I put it all in a booklet and sent that to her along with a few of her favorite snacks.  She said she loved it!  Then on her birthday we celebrated with spice cake, strawberries and whip cream!


Grandpa and Grandma Finch:


Grandpa Schmutz:


Bishop Yardley and Family:


Kim Brinkerhoff:

 
Kim Harland and Family:


Ryan and Tammy Houston and Family:


Cyndi Leach:

And of course her own siblings!





And her mom and dad!


  We hope she had a great birthday in Spain.  We sure missed her but are so happy she is serving the Lord and having such a great mission!





No comments:

Post a Comment