Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Girl's Day Out

Two or three time every year my mom and my sister Sharon take a loop from Kanab, around to Page and to the Navajo stands and home via Kiabab. It has been a fun trip for them and they have really made some connections with some of the vendors. This year the sisters were invited to make the loop (thanks to Elizabeth who was unable to go now she has moved to Alaska). The above and below pictures are on the old bridge at Marble Canyon. I don't think I have ever seen snow at the canyon aside from the North Rim.
Nancy, me (9 months pregnant), and Sharon. We missed you Elizabeth!
Above: The view upstream the Colorado River from the old bridge.
Below: A couple of shots from below the cliffs South of Page.

It truly was beautiful to see all the red cliffs dressed in white. It was just like powdered sugar was sprinkled over everything. Because of the weather, all the Navajo stands were empty. However, the day was wonderful. It was spent with my sisters and my mom just visiting. It's not very often that we are able to get together like that. Maybe Nancy and I being there jinxed the trip and saved me some money, but it was worth the whole trip to be with the girls.

1 comment:

  1. Wish I could have been there! I am getting a little homesick, thought that I would have been t0o old, but no it strikes no matter the age. Rick and the boys are great, but I am so ready for some girl time. Glad that you were all able to go!

    ReplyDelete