Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Allergic to What?!?

October:  

So I forgot to post this most momentous occasion.  At the start of the school year I talked to Garrett about eating more healthy - more fruits and vegetables - even if he doesn't like them.  He responded by telling me that he didn't like them because of how they made him feel - that it hurt.  So I said that I would just take him in to get tested for allergies.  He agreed and so we made an appointment for allergy testing.  Lo and behold - he is allergic to lots!  Every grass and many trees, and most of your "normal" fruits and veggies - carrots, celery, corn, nuts, watermelon, squash and the list goes on!  So in the end the doctor gave him a prescription for flonase and zyrtec and later we got an albuterol inhaler as well.  Bummer - now I have no ground to stand on when I tell him that I don't care if he doesn't like his veggies - eat them anyway!  He really is allergic and having the reaction deep in his esophagus - eosinphilic esophagitis!  

Trying not to scratch the test areas!


No comments:

Post a Comment