Friday, June 27, 2014

Easter 2014 - Bar 10 Style

April 19 - 20, 2014:

Perhaps one of the best places on earth that I love to be (other than Moccasin) is at the Bar 10 Ranch. I have so many incredible memories of this place - from the building of it to helping out for a week each summer while staying with Heather, and now to taking my own kids there.  Aunt Ruby hosted a family reunion there this year.  It was so good to get together!  The last time we were all out there was when Kimber was just about 1 or 2 years old.  McKenna was able to get off work to make the trip and we started out bright and early on Saturday morning.  We took a little break in our drive and McKenna started picking flowers immediately - prickly pear blossoms!

Finally got to meet my great nephew - Gilbert Giles and great niece - Cora Lou!


Uncle Verdon's Family

Aunt Laura's Family

Uncle Tony's Family

Mom's Family

 The whole gang








I wish I could have known what John was so enthralled by!  He loves his stories!






Dancing the Cotton-Eyed-Joe


The little cousins singing "Let It Go" from the Disney movie Frozen
  
I even got a smile from this cutie - Rory Rachel!






We stopped at the old one room school house in Bundyville for a bit of a break.







Egg dyed the Swiss way, thanks to Aunt Ruby.

Garrett crashed on one of the 4-wheelers while trying to catch up to McKenna who had left for the rim.  No doctor, no hospital, no problem!  I am skilled!  And my cousin Rachelle's husband is a paramedic.  So what did we do?  I numbed up the area with a little lidocaine and made my first attempt at staples on my son's head!  Awesome!  Not going to lie!  It was pretty cool!  

Leighton found her basket when we got home!

No comments:

Post a Comment