Sunday, May 30, 2010

"Heritage" Day

So mom's ruse of a "Heritage" day really just disguises a "work" day out at Moccasin. We know what we are really gathering together to do, but somehow calling it a heritage day reminds us all what really is happening at these gatherings. We are remembering our past, enjoying the present and strengthening our future. I love these heritage days! This year mom and dad had a new drain from the kitchen to the garden on the docket. With all these boys on the detail, the job got done pretty quickly!
The thing I kept thinking was "Wish my dirt in Panguitch was as easy to dig, hardly a rock in sight!"
Such a handsome digger!


I think Addison must have been seeing how a worm must feel. Look at how clean that trench was dug, straight sides and bottom. I think those boys have been trained well!


The adult crew of the diggers. The real decision makers of the crew. Oh, oops that's really mom, but we let the men all think that they are really in charge!


Two cute cousins enjoying each others company!


Mmmmm, notice where my assigned detail is! FOOD!!! There are few finer things in life than great dutch ovened potatoes! OK, maybe more than a few, but gosh, they are sure good!


This is the life, work hard until lunch, have a break and enjoy the afternoon. It seems like that is how it often goes out at Moccasin - work until lunch and then relish in a good project done and each others company.
A respite from the work - Ninja Destruction. Notice how all the guys show how much they have helped - ie: dirty pants and note how clean and spotless McKenna is! I'm not implying anything, just stating the facts!


Some hand game that even the little kids could get in on! I guess even if she didn't get dirty, McKenna played her role by providing the entertainment!

4 comments:

  1. What a fun day and great memories for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I had been there. Ya right. No I do miss going out there with everyone, but the traffic back to SD it a pain. Hope everyone had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...Moccasin. It really never changes does it. Just new faces replacing the old ones. Wasn't so many years ago that it was mine and John's kids. It would have been so fun to be there with everyone. I really hope my Moccasin days are not over.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking at these pictures brought back a lot of memories for me. It doesn't seem like it was that long ago that there was a different group of kids out there working. The I was thinking about it and it has been 20+ yrs! I can't be that old!

    ReplyDelete