Wednesday, June 8, 2011

4th Year Adventure Activity

Last Saturday - June 4th - I spent the day at the Manti Temple with 7 incredible and wonderful girls from our stake.  We let the 4th year camp girls plan their own adventure activity and they wanted to do baptisms for the dead.  Our original plan was to go to Moccasin and spend the night and then go into St. George and the temple.  However, the St. George temple couldn't get us in so we opted for the Manti temple and just made it a day trip.  I have to say I LOVE the old temples!  They are so beautiful and majestic.  All I had with me was my I Touch so the pics are not the best quality, but at least the moment was captured! 

 We had 7 YW go with Sherida Allen and I .  Since we took our own family file names they even let Sherida and I do baptisms!  I haven't done that since High School!  It was incredible!  After the temple we went to Elsinore and went roller skating for a bit.  Then we headed on down to Circleville to the chapel and treated the girls to a foot soak - massage and lots of candy!  I love this time with just a few of the girls from our stake.  It really is wonderful spending time them and to get to know them better.  It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment