Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Bard Is Back

 This year Panguitch High School's fall play was The Bard Is Back.  It's about a high school putting on a musical of Romeo and Juliet.  McKenna played Denise.  Let me just say this - the play was type cast - I will explain later.  It was a great play - lots and lots of laughs.  It played for 4 nights and either Jeff or I went to it each night.  Each night was great and just as funny.  They all did a great job!  McKenna had quite a few solo's within the songs and sang so incredibly well!  


Here is where I mean it was type cast.  Totally a blond role - maybe that's why she dyed her hair brown!  




McKenna, well I guess I should say Denise, in the play tries out for Juliet and wins the spot only to break her leg tripping over a box.  Here she is being wheeled off stage.

I guess girls will get what they want even in a play.  The girl to sing with Romeo is yanked off the "balcony" by McKenna, who in turn is pulled off the balcony by the school's Diva.  So Romeo ends up with 3 Juliet's to sing to.  This song was really my favorite.  


Two of the Juliet's.  







Romeo with his 3 Juliet's.  Not all guys are this lucky!  Left to Right:  McKenna, Austin Josie, Lauren Smith, Brenna Mooney. 

No comments:

Post a Comment