Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Moccasin - Heaven on Earth

November 2:

Nancy and I were home taking care of mom for the weekend.  McKenna showed up and we all took dad out to Moccasin for a drive.  First stop was to survey the damage to the road from a flood back near the end of September (I think).  I've seen the bridge washed out once before when I was young but not to this extent!  Massive erosion!  The bridge is gone and they are working on rebuilding but it looks like it will take a very long time!


 
 

Moccasin has for me become one of those places that I count as a refuge from the world.  When McKenna was just little she would ask me "When are we going to the place that makes me feel good?"  That pretty much sums it up.  It is a wonderful place that just makes me feel good by just being there.  I had talked with mom on several occasions about this and she summed it up by telling me that was because of the heritage that the place lays claim to.  It has housed many of my ancestors, visiting prophets and general authorities.  I have no doubt it has had it's share of blessings placed upon it as a home of refuge.  One when we dedicated the home as a place of gathering with all mom's family in the late 90's, not sure of the exact year - possibly even early 2000's.  But all that matters to me is that I have the privilege of adding my name to the home and enjoying the peace and comfort it provides.  I really do love this place!










 






No comments:

Post a Comment