Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Mom

November 14th:

This is a post that I have shed a few tears over.  November 7th and 14th have been possibly two of the most bittersweet days of my life.  Mom's death and her funeral have been hard.  However at the same time they have possibly been some of the most memorable day with my siblings, father and loved ones.  There are no words to express the feelings I had through the last month of mom's life.  Being able to care for her with the skills I have developed as a nurse are days that I treasure.  The time spent with just my siblings - talking, laughing and crying are days that I am so very grateful for.  Mom said a few weeks before her passing that "This was going to be a good thing".  In every sense of the way - she was right on the dot.  It was a good thing for us to all be together and I believe that she was looking forward to being with her parents, brothers and sister again - a good thing.  Dad said that he was sad but not sorry about her passing.  I totally agree.

The display outside of the Relief Society room

Mom's map of her missionaries

Mom's grandchildren




 






 


No comments:

Post a Comment