Thursday, October 15, 2015

Jonathan Heaton Reunion - Day #1 - Moccasin

July 23, 2015

First day of the Jonathan Heaton Reunion was really great!  That was because it was out to Moccasin.  They figured there were around 2,000 descendants for the Moccasin day.  It really was an occasion to remember!

I came across this quote just a couple of days after the reunion.  It seems so appropriate for the the event and I sent it to McKenna as well.  


Jonathan, Lucy and Amy Heaton


I have so many memories of playing in the spring when I was little.  It had fallen into disrepair and was restored just for the reunion.


Dad tells the story of washing the sacrament cups every Sunday.  I thought this was awesome!  I had never seen glass sacrament cups.  Love it!

 Playing card and visiting with cousins.



 


Dad and Uncle Verdon's girls - VerDon, Peggy and Lynne Anne
 

The monument before the dedication and crowds










Moccasin hill

The best part of the reunion was the visiting!  Love these family get togethers!

Down the street there were vendors, one selling these little dolls.  I had forgotten to take any money but these cute things were a hit.  I think Marissa bought these.


 

 
Gilbert Giles Heaton descendants, gathered for dinner.  Over 100 of us!
 

 

 


This slide used to be in back of the school house.  I remember it scared me to death when I was little and I grew to love it as I grew!  When they were replacing the school ground equipment, mom asked for the slide. It's still a favorite!







At the close of the day, John and I were visiting about how mom would have loved the day.  He turned and said "You know, I think she did love it today, probably more than she would have been able to had she been here."  Yes, John, I think you are absolutely right.  She was there, and the spirit of hundreds of other posterity.  I am so grateful to belong to such a marvelous heritage!

No comments:

Post a Comment